Chemistry (Gardiner Chair)

Description

A lectureship in Organic Chemistry was instituted in 1898 and endowed by the brothers Sir Frederick and William Gardiner. They endowed the new Gardiner Chair of Organic Chemistry in 1919. The restriction to Organic Chemistry was removed in 1942.

Summary

Chemistry (Gardiner Chair)
Award Type: Professorships
Year Founded: 1919
Record last updated: 15th Jan 2013

University Connections

Associated people

Post Holder:
Benefactor:

There are no comments available.