University Gardens, 6

Description

6 University Gardens is currently the College of Arts Office.

Nos. 6 and 7 University Gardens were built between 1894 and 1904 by John James Burnet. They were located on the north terrace of the then Saughfield Crescent which was sited on the former gardens of Saughfield House. The A listed buildings are designed in a restrained but eclectic Glasgow free style, fusing neo-Baroque with Arts & Crafts detailing.

The house's first occupant was Dudley Julius Medley, Professor of Modern History at the University from 1899 until 1931.

Summary

University Gardens, 6
6 University Gardens
Glasgow
G12 8QH
Record last updated: 6th Nov 2015

University Connections

Associated people

Campus