University Gardens, 3

Description

3 University Gardens houses Celtic & Gaelic Studies and Central & East European Studies, part of the School of Humanities in the College of Arts.

No. 3 was one of four houses built by John James Burnet from 1882 to 1884 which were located on the north terrace of the then Saughfield Crescent. The crescent was sited on the former gardens of Saughfield House. The A listed building is designed in a restrained but eclectic Glasgow free style, fusing neo-Baroque with Arts & Crafts detailing.

The house was originally owned by Andrew M'Onie, engineer, until around 1926-1927.

Summary

University Gardens, 3
3 University Gardens
Glasgow
G12 8LP
Record last updated: 6th Nov 2015

University Connections

Associated people

Campus