Gilmorehill Centre

Description

The former Gilmorehill Parish Church and later Anderston Free Church was built between 1876-1878 by architect James Sellars. It closed in 1959 and was purchased by the University in 1960 for examination rooms, with the Court agreeing to lecture rooms, a temporary refectory and kitchen, and an exam hall.

In 1997 SBJ Keppie were involved in the building's conversion to house the new department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies, providing a 150-seat cinema, theatre and rehearsal space, television studios, sound recording booths, research facilities, teaching areas and offices.

Fabric and structural repairs were undertaken by Pollock Hammond Partnership in 2012.

Summary

Gilmorehill Centre
9 University Avenue
Glasgow
G12 8QQ
Record last updated: 25th Aug 2014

University Connections

Campus