Sir Charles Wilson Building

Description

The Sir Charles Wilson Building on University Avenue is named for Sir Charles Haynes Wilson (1909-2002), Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University from 1961 to 1976.

The building was designed by David Barclay of H&D Barclay in 1889 and opened in 1895 as the Hillhead Congregational Church. It had a number of owners and uses before the University began renovation work in 2004. The building reopened in August 2005.

Summary

Sir Charles Wilson Building
1 University Avenue
Glasgow
G12 8QQ
Record last updated: 25th Aug 2014

University Connections

Campus