Robertson House

Description

In 1925 the shipowner George W Service sold a house at 1 Lilybank Gardens to the University. The building was converted to serve as a women's hostel, to replace the building at 2 University Gardens which had been gifted to the University by the shipowner John McKellar Robertson (d1939) and subsequently used as a Professor's house.

The new residence retained the name Robertson House. It was opened to students in 1926 and was subsequently annexed by Queen Margaret Hall.

Summary

Robertson House
2 University Gardens
Glasgow
Record last updated: 28th Aug 2015

University Connections

Associated people

Campus