MacBrayne Hall

Description

In 1923 the Glasgow shipowner Laurence MacBrayne (c1867-1941) gifted his former family home at 11 Park Circus Place to the University, for a hall of residence "with a preference for students from the Western Highlands and Islands." It was named MacBrayne Hall in memory of his father, the shipowner David MacBrayne (1818-1907). In 1930 Laurence provided a new endowment for the maintenance and extension of the hall.

Summary

MacBrayne Hall
11 Park Circus Place
Glasgow

Record last updated: 13th Feb 2015

University Connections

Associated people

Campus