Archive Services

Description

The University of Glasgow's Archive Services are split between two buildings. The Archives & Business Records Office is located at 77-87 Dumbarton Road and the Archives Repository and Searchroom are located at 13 Thurso Street.

In 1996 the original West Quadrangle Offices of the University Archives were declared unsafe for staff, and were relocated to the Dumbarton Road Annexe in April of that year. In May the Joint Searchroom service in Thurso Street opened. In 1997 the University Archivist, Michael Moss, was appointed Professor of Archival Studies. And in 1998 the University Archives moved to the Thurso Street Repository which was completed in April.

The University Archives holds the records of the University back to its foundation in 1451, with its earliest dating from 1304. The Archive Services also manage internationally important collections of business records covering the whole of Scotland and beyond dating from the 18th century to the present.

Summary

Archive Services
77-87 Dumbarton Road &
13 Thurso Street
Glasgow
G11 6PW

Record last updated: 5th Oct 2018

University Connections

Campus