University Gardens, 7 (Hepburn House)

Description

Hepburn House is an A Listed building occupied by History of Art, part of the School of Culture and Creative Arts in the College of Arts, since 2003.

Hepburn House and 6 University Gardens were built between 1894 and 1904 by John James Burnet. They were located on the north terrace of the then Saughfield Crescent which was sited on the former gardens of Saughfield House. The A listed buildings are designed in a restrained but eclectic Glasgow free style, fusing neo-Baroque with Arts & Crafts detailing.

The building was gifted to the University by whisky magnate Sir Charles A Hepburn, and acquired in 1971.

Summary

University Gardens, 7 (Hepburn House)
7 University Gardens
Glasgow
G12 8QH
Record last updated: 6th Nov 2015

University Connections

Associated people

Campus