Glasgow University Ossianic Club

Description

Glasgow University Ossianic Society was founded in 1831, originally as a Gaelic debating club but later to promote Gaelic culture and language in general. In In 1956 the society, with James Crawford and the Ross Trust, partially endowed the Chair of Celtic.

Summary

Glasgow University Ossianic Club
Founded in 1831.

View bibliography
Record last updated: 1st May 2007

University Connections

Chairs and Lectureships

There are no comments available.