Biography of Malcolm Gibson
William Malcolm Gibson was the University's first Professor of Dental Prosthetics, from 1960 to 1969.
Gibson was a graduate of the University of Dundee (LDS, 1933 and MB, ChB in 1934). He went into private practice until 1937, when he was appointed Lecturer in Dental Prosthetics at the Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, the first whole-time teacher there. He was appointed Deputy Director and a member of the Hospital Board of Management when the Dental School became part of the University in 1947.