Queen Margaret College Anatomy Building
The Bellahouston Bequest Fund was established in 1892. Moses Steven (1806-1871), a University alumnus and owner of the Bellahouston and Dumbreck estates, had stipulated in his will that his estate should be applied for the benefit of Glasgow charities once the last survivor of his family had died. His last surviving sister Miss Elizabeth Steven passed away on 15 March 1892 and the Trustees were entrusted with managing an estate of approximately £500,000 according to his wishes.
Under the original terms of the Fund, grants could be assigned for five purposes and the Trustees could make grants to fourteen named institutions and their related charities. A bursary called the Bellahouston Scholarship was to provide assistance to students at the
University of Glasgow with the condition that the recipients had to be from Glasgow or within five miles of its Parliamentary Boundaries.